Hello guys!! When reading Frankenstein I realized that there were many passages that I found inspiring and intriguing. Here is a list of a couple passages that I appreciated.
- I shall satiate my ardent curiosity with the sight of a part of the world never before visited, and may tread a land never before imprinted by the foot of man. – Page 1
- To seek one who fled from me. – Page 10
- Having conquered the violence of his feelings, he appeared to despise himself for being the slave of passion, and quelling the dark tyranny of despair, he led me again to converse concerning myself personally. – Page 12
- I had determined, at one time, that the memory of these evils should die with me, but you have won me to alter my determination. – Page 13
- For your sympathy, but it is useless; my fate is nearly fulfilled. – Page 13
- The world was to me a secret which I desired to divine. – Page 18
- It was the secrets of heaven and earth that I desired to learn; and whether it was the outward substance of things, or the inner spirit of nature and the mysterious soul of man that occupied me. – Page 19
- To examine the cause of life, we must first have recourse to death. – Page 30
- I might infuse a spark of being into the lifeless thing that lay at my feet. – Page 35
- My enemy had indeed fled. – Page 38
- Dear mountains! My own beautiful lake! How do you welcome your wanderer? Your summits are clear; the sky and lake are blue and placid. Is this prognosticate peace, or to mock at my unhappiness? – Page 49
- In the light of my own vampire, my own spirit loose from the grave, and forced to destroy all that was dear to me. – Page 51
I hope you enjoyed reading these passages as much as I enjoyed sharing them with you.